Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making some progress...

I have not completed another task yet, but I have made some progress.

#16 Read 200 books. I finished another book this week, Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs. This is his only novel. He usually writes memoirs, and they are some of the funniest books I have ever read. The novel was pretty good, but I prefer his memoirs.

#26 Walk the bridge one day a month. We got a big, beautiful new bridge in town, courtesy of Hurricane Katrina (which destroyed the old bridge). There is a nice, wide walking area all along the bridge. It has become very popular. The kids and I walked last week. It wasn't very successful. Paige loved it (she was in the stroller), but Evan was tired from school and complained the whole way. Guess I will have to limit my walks to when Harold is home and can keep the kids. You can see The Bridge behind my sweet Evan in the picture below.




#43. Eat at 5 different local restaurants. I would have taken a picture, but didn't even realize this was one of my goals until I came home! My mom was taking me to dinner for my birthday. We had plans to go to another restaurant, but it was packed because of Homecoming. We ended up a restaurant in Ocean Springs I had been dying to try. It's Chef Scott's Noodle House. It was soooo good! My mom and I had some trouble deciding what to try. I ordered the shrimp noodle bowl. It came in a HUGE bowl, and was filled with shrimp, stir fried veggies and rice noodles. It came with a sweet garlic sauce on the side. The sauce was delicious! My mom ordered the lemongrass chicken. Hers came with rice instead of noodles. I don't know exactly what was in the sauce on the chicken, but it was amazing! I will get that the next time we go!


.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing good Nicole! thanks for the update. Cute picture of Evan.

    ReplyDelete